Now, I don’t often do reviews of events or restaurants on this blog, as I generally prefer to document happy musings of random events or to recount a lovely weekend or similar.
However, I’m a busy bee and write regularly for Expats.cz and the Guardian travel website. I have recently been appointed as the Guardian local guide for Prague and under my blog name, CzechingIn, I post a tip per week, describing some of my favourite Prague places.
Here are links to other reviews and columns I have written about Prague:
- Article on JetSettlers Magazine: One Year On – Things I wish I’d known when I moved to Prague
- Expats.cz article on the English Language Theatre and Comedy options in Prague, Autumn/Winter 2011
- A series of reviews for Expats.cz on Czech tea-houses – čajovny – Time for Tea, Siva Tearoom, Dobra Cajovny and Cajovna Ve Vezi
- A review for Expats.cz of Controversies – A Legal and Ethical History of Photography. Showing at the Rudolfinum in Prague until November 2011
- A short feature for the Guardian website – opportunities for budding photographers in Prague – A View of Prague
- On BBC World Service, From Our Own Correspondent.
- You can also ready about my (almost) success in the Eastern Europe Expat Blog Awards, here.
- A series of reviews from The Prague Fringe Festival 2011: In May 2011 I was asked to write a number of reviews of performances at the Prague Fringe Festival, which was a wonderful feast of live theater, music, mime, puppetry, and cabaret. This year, which was the tenth anniversary of the Prague Fringe Festival, included some fantastic events. Click the links for full reviews of the following acts: Stealing Buckingham Palace, Sunnyville, The Human Fruit Bowl, Phebe Starr, The Human Juke Box, Merri May Gill, Cooking for Love and Andi Neate.
- The Prague Fringe Festival – It Belongs To Everybody - Get the lowdown on the Prague Fringe, taking place on 27 May to 4 June
- As I Liked It - review of the Prague Shakespeare Festival’s production of “As You Like It” at Letni Scena in Vysehrad
- Happiness is…Jedward? - details of ”You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown” at the Prague Playhouse
- Nice camera. Shame about the photos… a review of the Sony World Photography Awards exhibition in London